Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Life is Hard

I've been struggling with life in general lately. I've stopped attending church regularly, I've stoppped going to Institute, I haven't been reading my scriptures or praying, and I just haven't been happy with myself for awhile. But I have been writing a missionary who is friends with two of my roommates. In the last letter  i got from him, he shared his testimony with me and how his mission has changed him. Which made me realize that I wanted to change. I wanted to feel the spirit again. I wanted to be able to serve a mission, if it's the right thing. I want to be happy with myself again. I want to change. I want to have the light of the gospel again, so I can spread the good in me to others.

"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

3 comments:

  1. there's a quote i really like that i found in my scriptures last night as i read. it said, "when you choose to follow Christ, you choose to be changed." start doing the little things and take note of how much better you feel about your life. everyone gets stuck in a rut every once in a while. just endure, renate, your heavenly father misses you. love you. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. Thanks Marissa love you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! It's people like you, who make decisions for yourself, instead of just going with the crowd. Thanks for your inspiration!

    XOXO the girl in pink

    ReplyDelete